i don't show too many photo's of my family here at green seed
but today i thought i would introduce you to my middle son, wil.
he has down syndrome. if you would like to read more about
our early years with wil you can check out my old blog
blessed chaos. i've been toying around with the idea
of including more family life here at gsc but for now
i'll start with this, in honor of wil and world down
this day was chosen to symbolize the third copy
of chromosome 21 in Trisomy 21, the most common form of Down syndrome.
21 facts about down syndrome
1. the life expectancy of people with down syndrome was 25 in 1983, today it is 60!
2. 1 in every 691 babies is born with down syndrome. ethnicity and socioeconomic
group have no bearing on this number.
3. people with down syndrome have individual gifts and talents, just like
4. in the united states, if you want to adopt a child with down syndome you
are added to a waiting list. the secret is out that having a child
with down syndrome is an amazing blessing.
5. many countries do not know this and children with down syndrome
are abandoned and institutionalized. thankfully, there are organizations
like reece's rainbow to help raise awareness and find homes for
these precious kids.